Final Harry Potter release date announced (SPOILER ALERT, THANKS TO TAK :P)

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Oh come on now, everyone's gotta love going through book six and reliving all that awkwardness from adolescence. Who's making out with whom and all that.
  • edited February 2007
    I'll bet you took so much pleasure in that 'whom', you grammar whore.
  • edited February 2007
    I feel like I gain bonus points for every semicolon.
  • edited February 2007
    I got to sound smart once because I knew what "snogging" meant after reading book 6.
  • edited July 2007
    Only two hours to go (at least in my time zone)! Yay!

This has been a very eventful year.
  • edited July 2007
    Unfortunately I'm nowhere near as excited about this one was I was about the last two. I'm still going to get one tomorrow though.
  • edited July 2007
    I just read the second to last book over the last three days, I pounded through about half of it last night.

I think I'll just wait until the paperback comes out.
  • edited July 2007
    I pre-ordered it on Amazon. I'm not all that excited about this one, I just want to read it for the sake of reading it.
  • edited July 2007
    ARGH.
  • edited July 2007
    Did anyone else have to block Jake on AIM because of excessive and outrageously unlikely predictions for the final book? I feel like the internet just won't be safe for me tomorrow D:
  • edited July 2007
    Well, it's now 12:01. It came out. Yipee.
  • edited July 2007
    Tak, you're lucky I just finished the damn book, I put off reading it until now without seeing any spoilers.

It's really not that hard to avoid spoilers, I managed, through abject apathy.
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    I just got it in the mail two minutes ago! I'm gonna go read it now!
  • edited July 2007
    I got it a couple of hours ago, about halfway through now...
  • edited July 2007
    Boy, thanks a lot Tak.
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    That was probably the fastest I've ever read a book.
  • edited July 2007
    Finally, I finished, I can go on the internet again!

I woulda finished a lot sooner, but I had work Saturday and Sunday, so I read late into the night. I was terrfied I'd hear a spoiler at work, but luckily I avoided them.

I thought that it was a worthy ending for the series. I've grown up with the potter books. I remember reading the first one right after it came out, and been looking forward to the next ones ever since. They look quite nice sitting up in my bookshelf, the set finally completed.
  • edited July 2007
    I only own the sixth one. Because my library didn't have it...
  • edited July 2007
    and I;m the loser who still hasn't read book 6. I had my friend go over everything that happened while we were at the midnight buying, and I basically knew everything there was to know... but eh, I still wanna go through and read them all over.

Unfortunately (and amazingly enough)... I really don't feel like reading Harry Potter. I've got some AP summer work to start, and I've just been procrastinating with everything else to the point that I'm feeling guilty about putting everything off. SO! I'm going to read Frankenstein, write my essays, and outline those 3 chapters of my psych book, and THEN I can continue.... book 4....... :(

I fail at reading.
  • edited July 2007
    Hell, I haven't read any of them, or seen the movies.

So, does Rincewind end up defeating Gandalf and riding off into the sunset with Schmendrick? I MUST KNOW!
  • edited July 2007
    There have been spoilers on the internets for this? Funny, I haven't seen anything about it. I haven't read any of the books though. Perhaps the key to avoiding spoilers is to convince yourself and others that you do not care at all about it.
  • edited July 2007
    So, does Rincewind end up defeating Gandalf and riding off into the sunset with Schmendrick? I MUST KNOW!
    The One Ring is actually a wedding ring, and Frodo proposes to Sauron.
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    But when it turns out Darth Vader is really his father, Gollum bites off his ring fingers and Yoda wont marry them.
  • edited July 2007
    You avoid spoilers by staying off YouTube. I came really close to seeing one when watching Potter Puppet Pals.
  • edited July 2007
    Hamelin wrote: »

I hope you're not leading on to Clerks II-esq gay hobbit gags...

Book was good, but far too many deaths, I think. The deaths of SPOILER seemed especially callous. I could see the reasoning from a literary perspective, but still, bummer :(
  • edited July 2007
    God damn it! You know the forum background isn't white for everyone, RIGHT?!
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah, spoilers only work in the FOR SCIENCE! forum, Witch's Brew forum, um....Dot Matrix forum or Dappled Records forum. I use the FOR SCIENCE! skin, so I would have been disappointed in seeing the spolier. Thanks, Hamelin!

I've been slowly reading this book....unlike video games, I don't like to fly through these.

SPOILER ALERT!!!1

Harry's last name is Potter. :0
  • edited July 2007
    We REALLY need a spoiler tag. Also, the thread DOES say spoiler alert. I do believe I know which ones you were talking about, and I agree.
  • edited July 2007
    Hamelin wrote: »
    What? That's how she ended it? That won't do at all. To the Fanfic Mobile! Away!
  • edited July 2007
    Any Harry Potter series that doesn't end with Hermione and Luna having super hot sadomasochistic sex facilitated with magic is a Harry Potter series that has failed itself.