best knitted thing ever

edited March 2007 in 6:35
an acquaintance of mine knitted this for another acquaintance of mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55555888@N00/133919999/

is that awesome, or what??? yay for knitted foodstuffs!

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Look at the eyes! It's dead!

ZOMBIE PISTACHIO MADNESS!
  • edited April 2006
    Oh my god, dude, did I not tell you about the knitted cupcakes?
  • edited April 2006
    I can't have pistachios!

It's cute, though!
  • edited April 2006
    i've seen knitted cupcakes before--the pistachio is more creative (though god knows i adore cupcakes)! knitted nuts!
  • edited April 2006
    Yeah, the pistachio is mad-cute. But I have this dream, and my dream is knitted banana cupcake. There is no pistachio in knitted banana cupcake.
  • edited April 2006
    what makes it a banana cupcake? yellow yarn?

personally, i'd just bake the cupcakes . . . but i make a pretty good banana cupcake, and have no idea how to knit one. :)
  • edited April 2006
    Having a knitted cupcake around would just make me wish I had real cupcakes.
  • edited April 2006
    I say that the best knitted thing ever is actually Jayne's hat. But this is pretty spiffy too.
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks, deku. ^__^

The banana cupcake is a bit of an inside joke. To explain, the thing that makes the banana cupcake distinct from other cupcakes is that the banana cupcake is my adopted brother.

In somewhat related news, witnessing a really dumb sweater on three occasions today has rekindled my interest in making a knitting blog. Besides, the world needs to know how to make socks with a little gusset in the toe so that they can be worn with flip-flops.
  • edited April 2006
    And I need it to learn words like "gusset".
  • edited April 2006
    well, make a blog then! there should be plenty of puns in the other thread for your perusal.
  • edited April 2006
    Seriously we need some knitting-blog goodness.

Although I probably shouldn't hassle you to make one until I can start updating mine in a more timely manner.
  • jcjc
    edited April 2006
    Behemoth wrote:
    And I need it to learn words like "gusset".

I learned the word "gusset" from a Century Martial Arts Supply catalog I read when I was about 9. It was in an ad for Chuck Norris Kickin' Jeans.

They have a hidden gusset in the crotch so you can kick extra high.
  • edited April 2006
    Every part of that post is amazing.
  • edited April 2006
    Except the Chuck Norris part.
  • edited May 2006
    That's just amusing.

Hint: If you're not wearing 80's type, tight pants a gusset isn't really necessary. Sorry Chuck, thought you would've learned that trick by now. :D
  • jcjc
    edited May 2006
    Behemoth wrote:
    Except the Chuck Norris part.

I manage to give information relevant to this thread that just happens to reference Internet sensation Chuck Norris in a non-forced way, and you can't appreciate it?

Seriously, that was a quality post, and you know it.
  • edited May 2006
    Dude, I found the Chuck Norris pants gusset discussion interesting and informative.

And the follow-up as well, Jace. I'd actually been running thought-experiments since JC's post to try to figure out just how tight a pair of pants had to be to warrant a gusset for high-kicking. I wonder what effect the introduction of lycra to ladies jeans (even the non-tight varieties) has on the need for a gusset. I sure wish I had a reason to wear high-kick jeans. The knitting store just doesn't warrant such extreme measures.
  • jcjc
    edited May 2006
    To reiterate: Chuck Norris had to design special pants to avoid embarrassment during emergency kicks.

edit: Here we go. This is an older ad featuring pre-beard Chuck Norris and his "Karate Jeans" as they were called at that point. He got sassier later and changed the name.

imageservice1xl.jpg
  • edited May 2006
    I suppose I'm just too young to appreciate the simple things in life. I wasn't doing high kicks back when tight jeans were in style. I can do a full split without risk of injury while wearing my relaxed fit Levis.
  • edited May 2006
    You can do a full split? Seriously? Damn, I can't.
  • edited May 2006
    Actually, to be perfectly honest, at this exact second, I'd probably be at least half a foot away from the floor. I plan to get my split back by August. Also, I was only talking about an American style split(one leg forward, one back), I've still never made it all the way down for a Chinese split (legs out side-ways on the heels). I get super close, then my hips always pop out of place, I plan to work on that one too.
  • jcjc
    edited May 2006
    That could be important if you decide to walk simultaneously on two walls.

Or if you wake up one day as Jean-Claude Van Damme and have to avoid a low attack in the most impractical way possible.
  • edited May 2006
    And then punch someone in the balls.
  • edited May 2006
    Or get dragged my one leg prior to said ball punching. I'd really love to be able to do that two chair split that he does. A friend of mine used to be able to do it.
  • edited May 2006
    I found this and judged it to be mildly on-topic:
    chucknorriskaratecommandos-793883.jpg
  • edited May 2006
    *scoff*

it's no nancy pearl action figure. (my dad got me the deluxe one for graduation!)
  • edited May 2006
    I think we need pictures for comparison.
  • edited May 2006
    i'm too lazy to take a picture of mine or import a picture from elsewhere. http://www.mcphee.com/items/11548.html has a picture of it, but it looks cooler in the packaging.
  • edited May 2006
    Libraians get action at their work all the time (ignore the inuendo) so naturaly they need a figure to dispay and imortalize their action-filled work. One day, stocking bookshelves. The next day, giving out late fees. This summer see *ochestra grows* Booked Appointment. Rated: R