best knitted thing ever

13»

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Maybe it was designed for people that get cold shoulder blades, but who have over-warm bellies.
  • edited July 2006
    if it had long sleeves, i totally would wear something like that all the time. but i'm not sure about the practicality of something that only warms the back of my neck.
  • edited July 2006
    I'm thinking about making one with longer sleeves later this year. (worse, I was thinking about adding a hood.) I'll tell you how that goes.
  • edited July 2006
    Hoods are awesome.
  • edited July 2006
    Yeah, but a hood on a mini-sweater is pretty much a hat with shoulders.
  • edited July 2006
    The thought just occurred to me... knitting a BONG, with a hood. I think I’ve outdone myself…
  • edited July 2006
    Stef wrote:
    Yeah, but a hood on a mini-sweater is pretty much a hat with shoulders.

You'd need to make it have ear-flaps as well. Just to complete the effect.
  • jcjc
    edited July 2006
    Oh, man, I want to see somebody wear just a hood now.

and TheMachine: ...
  • edited July 2006
    a hat with shoulders . . . i think you should market that! it could be supertrendy!
  • edited July 2006
    Apathy wrote:
    You'd need to make it have ear-flaps as well. Just to complete the effect.

I read that and imagined a hood with stupid little cat-ears. Then I got the image of some girl wearing a mini-sweater thing with long sleaves and a cat-eared hood in my head and laughed out loud which caused people to look at me funny.
  • edited March 2007
    dogwithmask.jpg
  • edited March 2007
    That's the scariest knitted thing I've ever seen that didn't start with a warm dickie and end with a gay pompom on top.
  • edited March 2007
    Awww, what a nice little girl. What's you name little girl?
    "Bark! Bark!"
    Huh? Something is amiss here...
  • edited March 2007
    OMFG. Where, WHERE did you find an example of the knitted terrormask?
  • edited March 2007
    I was browsing user profiles at http://www.sitespaces.net/, and one of the user icons had someone wearing the knitted mask. One of their comments had this picture in it. I immediately thought of you and leesh.

It still cracks me up when I look at it. :D
  • edited March 2007
    It looks like a creepy fetish mask... Mr. Bungle would love these. On a separate note, if I can find a picture of it, y'all will be totally jealous. I started skiing at age 2, and by the time I was 8 I was hot sh*t. :) My mom knitted me a sweater that said "Mogul Monster" on it for me to wear skiing. I was the most bad-ass 8 year old on the slopes.
  • edited March 2007
    This month's Nintendo Power had some cool knitted stuff in it, but I'm six hours away from my scanner so I can't show you.
  • edited March 2007
    Curse you, time and space!
  • edited March 2007
    I saw the Nintendo power stuff. It was pretty cool, though I felt somewhat scooped. JC and I were discussing his awesome idea that someone should start a Craftster-type for game-related crafts, and Nintendo Power done beat us to all the finding.
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    Nintendo Power is a surprisingly okay magazine these days. Far from the "HEY GUYS BUY FESTER'S QUEST WE GIVE IT A REVIEW OF 10/10 OR MAYBE 11 IF IT JUST MEANS YOU'LL BUY IIIIIIIIIIT" it used to be.

Anyway, the fact that NP cares about knitting just means that our site is a really good idea.
  • edited March 2007
    The knitted projects were very slick. I'll try to remember to scan them tonight. I agree on Nintendo Power becoming a much better magazine than in the past, and the crafts section in particular is a great feature I always make a point of checking out. They'll often feature NES cover bands, and with the introduction of the Wii's Internet Channel also include cool Wii-centric websites like Wiiminder and Wiicade.
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    When I think of all the garbage NP influenced me into wanting, and how much money that cost my parents... I get a little sick.

I had way more NES games than are ever necessary.
  • edited March 2007
    Does Nintendo Power still make up huge screenshot-maps of entire games and call them "reviews"?
  • edited March 2007
    Well, let's move off of Nintendo for a moment and over to Sony. Then let's bring knitting back into the discussion in some small manner. Then you would find yourself right around here.

EDIT: Specifically the picture toward the bottom.
  • edited March 2007
    Well, it's kind of hard to knit or play video games without opposable thumbs. o_O
  • edited March 2007
    pfff. not fer ninjas. ninjas can do anything, with or without utilizing some sort of opposable appendage.

EDIT: Holy crap, that's an awesome band name. DIBS! Opposable Appendage is gonna rock yur friggin socks off!
  • edited March 2007
    No, no, no, no, NOH!!!

"Unopposable Appendages" will make a MUCH better band name.

Thank me in the liner notes. ;)

EDIT: Because it's hard to spell when you've been drinking.