Episode 279: Him Does Grammar Good

edited May 2006 in Zelda Comic
2006-04-28-279.png

"Anti-climax" my ass!

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Hooray, anti-anti-climactic!
    Hooray, two in one week!
    Hooray, The Miscreant and Sheik make the same pose next to one another!
    Hooray, um... Hooray!
  • edited April 2006
    I second the hooray! *high five* Hooray for grammar gladiators!
  • edited April 2006
    Correcting grammar of people is an effective way to buy time. The whole "who/ whom" thing confused me quite a bit when we studied it; I have a decent handle on it now.
  • edited April 2006
    I was wrong! A discussion about grammatical correction was the ultimate ending!
  • edited April 2006
    I approve of this punchline! It makes my English major status giggle.

It's a common misconception. See, being an English major isn't a choice, it's a status ailment.
  • edited April 2006
    What I'm hoping is that Mario has Shiek and Miscreant discuss the correct use of the semi-colon on Monday.

Now THAT would be taking Zelda Comic to the extreme!
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    eh, just use a panacea, they cure all the status aliments.
  • edited April 2006
    Lotta updates lately. Good times.

Also, I think this is the first time I've seen Bub drawn from the front like that. Though I'm probably wrong, and somebody will pull up a whole lot of archive links that prove otherwise.
  • edited April 2006
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATES.

Now you just need to change the image up top to say "Mondays and Fridays."

And then make a good comic. OH, SNAP.
  • edited April 2006
    *looks at avatar*

Because you're such an excellent judge of good comics? OH SNAP AND A HALF.
  • edited April 2006
    mario wrote:
    *looks at avatar*

Because you're such an excellent judge of good comics? OH SNAP AND A HALF.

Because you're such an excellent judge of avatars? OH SNAP AND THREE QUARTERS.

This needs to stop.
  • edited April 2006
    ...Don't you like CAD, mario? I remember you saying you met Tim at conneticon a while back, and bought his book.

Oh, Snap 4 and three fifths.
  • edited April 2006
    You're British!

OH, SNAP AND FIVE SIXTHS!
  • edited April 2006
    Belgian actually!

OH, SNAP 6 AND TWELVE QUARTERS (OOH! TOP HEAVY FRACTIONS!)
  • edited April 2006
    That's actually a mixed number. Top heavy is thirty-six quarters. Or fifty-four sixths if you wish.
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    takeru was wrong!

OH, SNAP NEGATIVE 18 SQUARED MINUS FOUR, MULTIPLIED BY THE SQUARE ROOT OF THREE X PLUS ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED OVER NEGATIVE TWENTY-ONE SQUARED, IF X EQUALS 4!

aaaand, i probably just killed that.
  • edited April 2006
    Little bit. Anyone care to put this back on topic? There won't be another comic for a few days, so it seems silly to effectively kill all potential conversation regarding this episode so soon.
  • edited April 2006
    I'm suprised the Miscreant doesn't already know the HORRIBLE TRUTH about Sheik. OR DOES HE?

Ya know, the truth about the secret lady parts.
  • edited April 2006
    Hamelin wrote:
    I approve of this punchline! It makes my English major status giggle.

It's a common misconception. See, being an English major isn't a choice, it's a status ailment.

Verily! I don't care to mitigate my ailment, though. Plus, I love any opportunity where I can get away with the use of the word "verily."
    I'm suprised the Miscreant doesn't already know the HORRIBLE TRUTH about Sheik. OR DOES HE?

Ya know, the truth about the secret lady parts.

I was actually wondering that myself. AND MAYBE THE MISCREANT IS ALSO FEMALE WOAHMG.

One last thing sticks out in my mind, though. The whole "so that the Hero may face his destiny" almost sounds like a double entendre, allowing for one of those crazy plot twist things that are totally unexpected. Oh no! Are we being misled by the purple light and stylish cape?
  • edited April 2006
    Quite probably I'd think.
  • edited April 2006
    Quite.
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    indeed.
  • edited May 2006
    Yeah! I registered for the only fact to say "Thank you!" Zelda comic is one of my favorites and it makes me happy that Mario is actually UPDATING!! more! Wowie! please, please, please keep it up.
  • edited May 2006
    Wow, Champ. You have got a point there.
  • edited May 2006
    I'm tired of waiting!Make a new one right now, or I'm comitting suicide!

(it's probably going to be bloody in a minute)
    PS I'm kidding, but please make a new one.
  • edited May 2006
    Please don't make demands of this nature. I'll make comics when I'm able.
  • edited May 2006
    Well, could you put when you're able to in iCal then use .Mac to share the news. That way we can prepare a fanfare for the upcoming comic!
  • edited May 2006
    That sounds overly convoluted, with a very limited audience that would be privy to the information.
  • edited May 2006
    Or you could just make comics whenever you have time, then post them with a short snippet of news on the Zelda Comic hompage.

Its a radical system, but in the long run, I think it will work.
  • edited May 2006
    Wow, that would be an effective strategy! You should totally give that a try!

All hail the Blooper.