Food!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Con carne?
  • edited July 2008
    Don't eat my country!
  • edited July 2008
    Of course. Chili without meat is not really chili, now is it? It's just a bastardization of food, like corn and mayo pizza. If it could talk, it would scream "kill me..."
  • edited July 2008
    I tried a vegetarian Chili once, I looked like real meat, it tasted like real meat, and the texture was the same as real meat too. The overall Chili was very good ( I want some of that Chili now...)
  • edited July 2008
    Mmmmmm, oyster mushrooms.
  • edited July 2008
    I had a frozen snickers bar yesterday. It was a freakin' brick.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm still reveling in the glorious food that we ate last night...beer brats from Rosamunde's on Haight, ahhhh (as Zagat says: "they do one thing, and they do it perfectly."). And then next door to Toronado, the best beer bar EVER (rotating 50 or so on tap, 200+ bottled).

Drool.........

Getting hungry.......
  • edited July 2008
    My desk stash of Haichu is gone :(
  • edited July 2008
    You have a stash of Haichu at work? Do you drink at lunch?
  • edited July 2008
    No, no beer stash. Just a Haichu stash. 50 cents a pop.
  • edited July 2008
    You're an alcoholic.
  • edited July 2008
    AA's for quitters!
  • edited July 2008
    So, this was our desert at dinner last night.

SP_A0091a.jpg

I went out to dinner for "team building". Every department gets a monthly stipend to go out and have dinner, hang out, do whatever, to increase team cohesiveness. My team, marketing, is a Chinese girls' club + Ryan.

We went out to dinner, and for desert, we got this. They all started giggling hysterically.

It was filled with this fruit called durian. It's a smelly ass fruit that is supposed to smell like shit. It's similar in theory to Japanese natto, but I'd wolf down an entire bucket of natto before eating another ounce of durian.

And now the other girls in marketing think I'm gay, because I wouldn't eat a stinky titty cake puff.
  • edited July 2008
    Well whatever it is, it looks pretty x]
  • edited July 2008
    NEXT WEEK I am going to America for 6 days to see illithid get married. This will be my last breath of freedom for the rest of the year, so I must cram myself full of good old fashioned American food while I can. I have a limited amount of American meals I can eat due to my time limit.

Right now I plan on having:
    1. A huge ass burger. Something at a normal sit down restaurant like Chili's or something can suffice, but I might go the manly route and make it myself if possible.
    2. Sirloin steak. I'm grilling that sunbitch myself.
    3. Mexican food. Gotta get my hit of tacos, burritos, all that good stuff. China does not believe in Mexico.
    4. Pizza. Asian pizza is not American pizza, even if it's all the same ingredients. It's just different and wrong.

That's all I can think of at the moment. What else is delicious and American? Suggestions are welcome.
  • edited July 2008
    Serephel wrote: »
    stinky titty cake puff.

that may be my favorite combination of four words ever... i'll have to think on it.
  • edited July 2008
    I recommend either some homemade macaroni and cheese, or some good ole' spaghetti-squash lasagna made with cheese, eggplant, tomatoes, and other assorted stuffs.
  • edited July 2008
    Huckleberry anything. Jam, syrup, ice cream, anything.
  • edited July 2008
    NoLonger wrote: »
    I recommend either some homemade macaroni and cheese, or some good ole' spaghetti-squash lasagna made with cheese, eggplant, tomatoes, and other assorted stuffs.

Lasagne is Italian, not from the North American continent.

I'd recommend Fried Chicken and maybe some healthy American food like....erm...
  • edited July 2008
    You have to have a huge greasy American diner breakfast. Something like Chicken Fried ________ and hashbrowns covered in cheese, gravy, onions, chili, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
  • edited July 2008
    Night Lord wrote: »
    Lasagne is Italian, not from the North American continent.

Hey now, America is a big ol' melting pot of food recipes from around the world. We can co-opt any food we want!
  • edited July 2008
    Then try Ham, Egg and Chips. I had to lunch in a greasy spoon cafe today, and had a plate of that. Delicious it was.
  • edited July 2008
    Calling fries "chips" is extremely un-American.
  • edited July 2008
    Unless he meant potato chips, in which case that's very American.
  • edited July 2008
    I know lasagna didn't originate in America, but Americans eat it all the freaking time, it's American enough.
  • edited July 2008
    Eggs and potato chips? I'm intrigued.
  • edited July 2008
    Urgh, fine. Egg, Ham and Fries.
  • edited July 2008
    Don't you feel more American now?
  • edited July 2008
    In America!
  • edited July 2008
    Today!