Food!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    mario wrote: »
    Calling fries "chips" is extremely un-American.

*ahem* calling fries "chips" is extremely terroristy.
  • edited August 2008
    Go to a Waffle House if you can. But only get waffles, bacon, and/or pie; you'd be better off eating your shoes than anything else on the menu.
  • edited August 2008
    Ooh, I might have to hit up an IHOP. And a Steak n Shake.
  • edited August 2008
    Dammit, I'm hungry.
  • edited August 2008
    STAY AWAY from Waffle House! That place was so dirty I was even afraid to touch the paper towels...
  • edited August 2008
    I baked a steak and kidney pie. It was sublime.
  • edited August 2008
    My first experience with Waffle House was in Biloxi, Mississippi!
    Hlavco! I...I know how you feel about filth in Waffle House!
  • edited August 2008
    I didn't know you pampered nancy boys were so averse to a little filth in your food. Real men eat waffles with coffee beans in them, bacon that shatters when dropped, and lemon pie that taste like balloons.
  • edited August 2008
    Real men are bitches to poor culinary creations, it seems!
  • edited August 2008
    I used to eat at the waffle house just about every week with my boyfriend, and it tasted just fine. Nice n' greasy, feels more like homecooked.

And I was never ACTUALLY worried about what was in my food. You can see them making it from your seat, if it looks THAT dirty then you can walk in and walk right back out. The waffle house nea my house is damn good though.

Uhhh... does China accept hot dogs?
  • edited August 2008
    What do you mean by "accept"? Do they feel it fits in with their rather unique-pseudo communist philosophy? Well I've not heard of a massacre in Tiananmen Square because of students protesting for hot dogs, so I reckon so...
  • edited August 2008
    Hot dogs. Well, kind of.

The hot dogs here are smaller, more processed, and they are used in a "Chinese" way. For example:

Good: I had one snack from a street vendor with a hot dog in it. They smushed it up on a grill and heated it up, while cooking a flour/egg patty at the same time. They wrapped up the smushed hot dog in the patty, gave it a generous dose of peppers and spices, and then gave it to me for consumption. It was quite delicious.

Bad: They sell small, thick hot dogs in the grocery stores for kids. They are filled with corn, and they're meant to be eaten cold.
  • edited August 2008
    Because it was CTCon, I had McDonalds for breakfast, Burger King for lunch, and Wendy's for dinner.
  • edited August 2008
    I tried my first McGriddle at CTCon '04. Not too bad, but I still go for the Sausage McMuffin in general.
  • edited August 2008
    Is Vodkas food?
  • edited August 2008
    Don't buy booze! That aint food!
  • edited August 2008
    "Whaddaya mean booze ain't food?!? I'd rather chop off my ding-dong than admit that!"
  • edited August 2008
    But £6.99 bottle!

Is greats!
  • edited August 2008
    "You'd rather chops off your ding dongs then not drinks?"
  • edited August 2008
    "Yeaaaah!"
  • edited August 2008
    "VODKA!"
  • edited August 2008
    Oh Bruce, you and your silly drunken escapades!
  • edited August 2008
    I'm drinking some Russian rye soda, it tastes like a very sweet raspberry beer.

You can't take big sips of it, because it's so good.
  • edited August 2008
    Ok people, I have these, straight from my mom's garden (minus the garlic and the potato, those came from Meijer):

dx48c4312rkr8wwianav.jpg

What should I cook? I'm gonna go by the store on Friday to pick up some things, so other ingredients are obtainable.
  • edited August 2008
    make a nice garden fresh salsa, and then make a baked potato with sour cream, and the salsa.
  • edited August 2008
    Home fries. Chop up that potato and fry it with those peppers and onions.
  • edited August 2008
    I agree with Adam! Enjoy them with a couple scrambled eggs!
  • edited August 2008
    and pancakes.
    EDIT: OH! and maybe a steak, too.
    EDIT EDIT: and don't forget the bacon and sausage.
  • edited August 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »
    and pancakes.
    EDIT: OH! and maybe a steak, too.
    EDIT EDIT: and don't forget the bacon and sausage.

and then wrap the whole thing in bacon and deep fry it.
  • edited August 2008
    I went to a restaurant and the appetizer was chicken wrapped in bacon. It was amazing.