Food!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Drinks like that have a sliding scale, really. Particularly since the OJ is a nice strong mixer. The traditional method is 1 part Vodka to 2 parts OJ, but you can shift the balance around as needed. 1 to 1 isn't bad in the least. Experiment!
  • edited August 2008
    If it's your first time, try it easy with a 1:3 ratio of OJ to vodka. It sounds like you don't drink much, and a 1:1 will probably check you out for the night, especially if you're a light guy. You have to whip your liver into shape.
  • edited August 2008
    I am quite the light weight. I'm absolutely hammered after 4 shots of tequila and vomit after 5 so I'll try to keep things watered down.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm eating candy buttons. And getting my recommended daily supply of ripped paper!
  • edited August 2008
    http://www.webtender.com/
    http://www.webtender.com/statistics/bestvotes.html
    I think people get bored voting half-way through the A's.
  • edited August 2008
    I found it kinda funny that drinks with Absolut in them placed higher than water. Apparently, to people on the internet, Absolut > Water.
  • edited August 2008
    I made banana bread! It was hard to do, because I had to get some ingredients back in the States, like baking soda and vanilla extract. But I finally made some today, and it was delicious!
  • edited August 2008
    Banana bread? What type of witchcraft is that?!
  • edited August 2008
    The delicious kind

Man, I could go for some banana bread right now
  • edited August 2008
    Oh it's all gone now. But I now have the elusive ingredient, baking powder. It's notoriously hard to find here, so I can start baking again. Yay!
  • edited August 2008
    Sushi!! So I finally decided to try to see if I could use food coloring to make different color of rice, and guess what.... PINK! So I made some Mexican Hand rolls and some not-so-inside-out California rolls

n1350384199_71339_6357.jpg

n1350384199_71340_6662.jpg

n1350384199_71341_6941.jpg

n1350384199_71342_7239.jpg

I think I might try blue next =D
  • edited August 2008
    ... damn! That's quite elaborate!
  • edited August 2008
    That looks both gorgeous and delicious. The second picture looks a little like raw ground beef though. ^__^
  • edited August 2008
    That's why it looks so delicious.

You should get this. I wanted to buy a similar book, but I never had money when I saw it.
  • edited September 2008
    That book does look interesting, I'll have too look into it.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
  • edited September 2008
    I want sushi now :(
  • edited September 2008
    ftw, I thought I posted earlier, but maybe I didn't. I don't think I was drunk either...

Anyway, that actually looks pretty cool. Way to be creative with food coloring!
  • edited September 2008
    snap, I want some sushi now too. Those look good!
  • edited September 2008
    I want tacoyaki!!!!!!!!!!

...マヨ無しでくれ
  • edited September 2008
    I want haggis.

I've never tried haggis and it seems like it might be an interesting experience. Not sure where I can get some in Toronto, though.

Has anyone here ever tried haggis? Is it any good?

EDIT: I did some checking and apparently a lot of places tend to start stocking Haggis around January, due to Robert Burns Day. I'll have to remember that.
  • edited September 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »
    I want tacoyaki!!!!!!!!!!

...マヨ無しでくれ

Takoyaki, you raging drunk!
  • edited September 2008
    I just had bacon pizza. Yum yum!
  • edited September 2008
    I remember how Adam hates mayo, and corn on pizza.

I had mayo grilled onto my salmon last night, it was HEAVENLY.
  • edited September 2008
    You make me sick!
  • edited September 2008
    potatorice.jpg

This is my dinner, it was potatoes, tomato and onion from the garden, peas from the freezer, carrots from mary's garden, my nice california rose rice. curry, cumin, water, chicken boullion. it tasted good enough to eat more tomorrow.

souffle.jpg

chocolate souffle with too much schnapps and sugar in them. mixed the eggs wrong. was a fail until I dug in. mmmmmmm
  • edited September 2008
    I've heard you eat lots of potatoes in Canada!

For dinner tonight I cooked up a recipe suggested by a friend from work: I made cola chicken wings. Basically, I took some thawed chicken wings and cooked them in a wok with oil until they were nice and warm. Then I poured in a bunch of coke and let it cook. The trick is to cut open the chicken wings with a knife first, so they can absorb more flavor.

Then I made up some cookies to bring to work tomorrow, because I firmly believe it is okay to try to purchase attention, love and affection. I had a bag of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies, the kind you just add butter and eggs too (I can't find anything else here, and I found that at an import store). But it ended up taking forever, because in my dinky little countertop oven just barely smaller than an Easy Bake Oven I can only cook about 9 cookies at a time, so it took for freaking forever to finish the batch. And now I've got a big container of cookies to bring in tomorrow.

In hindsight I should have taken pictures. Oh well next time.
  • edited September 2008
    I made some awesome molten chocolate bourbon cake last night.
    1b5ox.jpg
    n2ln5v.jpg
    2nlu7ad.jpg
    e84um8.jpg

It was a flavorgasm.
  • edited September 2008
    It certainly seems so. I want some now!
  • edited September 2008
    What use are twelve chocolate bourbon cakes to a boy? I hope you gave the other 11 to pretty girls. Or ugly girls. It doesn't matter. They are wasted on men.
  • edited September 2008
    I shared them with my neighbors.