Food!

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Yummm... how did you make those stuffed peppers? Those look good.
  • edited October 2008
    In cooking, it's really not set up along strict lines. Sometimes I take charge and do about 60% of the work, sometimes Megan does the same and I just help, and we usually share dish duties. We both really enjoy cooking.

And here's how we did the peppers. Preheat your oven to 350.
    First, get a pot of water boiling, add a few generous dashes of salt. Gut the peppers and boil them for about 3 minutes to loosen them up. Then set them aside.

At the same time, cook about half a pound of ground beef, some onion, and a clove of garlic in a skillet over a bit of oil. When that's done, add a small can of diced tomatoes, a half tablespoon of oregano, salt, pepper, and about 1 cup of cooked rice. Take it off the heat.

Combine 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of hot sauce. This is the topping.

Place the peppers in a baking dish. Put a small amount of olive oil in the peppers, and pour about 1/4 cup of water into the dish. Spoon the filling into the peppers, put the topping on top, and stick it in the oven for 45 minutes. About five minutes before it's done, put cheese on it. Voila!
  • edited October 2008
    Cockgobbles, I don't have access to Worcestershire sauce!
  • edited October 2008
    You have yet to make a list for a care package of goodies and sauces I can send
  • edited October 2008
    Is that blue Kool-Aid I spy?
  • edited October 2008
    Andrew, do you still need a roommate? Because I'm cool with it, even if I only get leftovers and all ... though the commute will be hellish. God that looks delicious.
  • edited October 2008
    Yes, that is blue Kool-Aid! Kool-Aid is a staple of our diet.

And Tanya, of course you can stay with us! We even have a spare bedroom! It's always useful to have an extra female around the apartment in case I have to send the first one in for repair. This place doesn't clean itself!
  • edited October 2008
    I thought it was blue powerade :(
  • edited October 2008
    WROOOOOOOOOOONG!!

*pot crashes down on your head*

(Someone has to have caught the reference...)
  • edited October 2008
    :(

I'm making steak. I made it one on Friday too. It was so good I'm making it again. Pictures at 11!
  • edited October 2008
    Here it is!

img0200la6.jpg

img0201km4.jpg
  • edited October 2008
    Cooked well, my man! I love my meat red in the center.
  • edited October 2008
    I'm might try that recipe tonight illithid235! I'll have yo tell you guys how it turns out.
  • edited October 2008
    I have some more pictures for you!

Tonight we decided to have breakfast for dinner. So we made a breakfast casserole with eggs, sausage, peppers, cheese, and a biscuit underlayer.

DSCF0207.jpg

We also made blueberry muffins! But not from scratch... we'll get to that eventually. They still turned out really tasty.

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg
  • edited October 2008
    With orange juice and everything! I am learning from you, Andrew. Oh, and when I move in, I'll be making those muffins from scratch. Leave a key under the flowerpot in front.
  • edited October 2008
    Ohhhh I'm hungry now. Once I move into my awesome new apartment this weekend I'll start cooking again.

And yes Andrew, I got the reference.
  • edited November 2008
    I have spicy cock!

photoyh8.jpg

Tomorrow you get to see me shoving hot spicy cock down my mouth.
  • edited November 2008
    Mmmmm sounds delish. [/Sarcasm]

That breakfast casserole looks AMAZING.
  • edited November 2008
    Really, the flavor of cock goes with almost everything. Why, when I have guests over, I love flavoring my guests' food with cock!
  • edited November 2008
    I bought a wok and made a Chowmein Stirfry with egg noodles today!

photo1jc1.jpg
  • edited November 2008
    Tasty! But where's the cock?
  • edited November 2008
    I didn't make it today. I'll make it over the weekend.
  • edited November 2008
    We were expecting cock!
  • edited November 2008
    It was a bit chilly tonight, so I baked chocolate chip cookies!

20081103-cookies1.jpg

20081103-cookies2.jpg

20081103-cookies3.jpg

20081103-cookies4.jpg

20081103-cookies5.jpg

20081103-cookies6.jpg
  • edited November 2008
    Those look amazing. Mail me some!
  • edited November 2008
    You only took that picture so you could show of your collection of metal lunchboxes. Well, if you wanted to make us jealous... mission accomplished.
  • edited November 2008
    This is what my lunch looks like.

SS:::.';;sSS;;;H:.:sSSH;;;SSS:;;A.;.S

it is beef noodle casserole with a couple veggies mixed in.
  • edited November 2008
    I don't have a working camera, but I made chocolate chip cookies with mini-m&ms in them. But I do not have a cookie jar :(
  • edited November 2008
    Adam, you need a cookie jar.
  • edited November 2008
    Those are Bevin's lunchboxes. I have a Super Mario one I put next to the others, but it's out of frame.

My cookie jar rules.