Food!

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Also bacon.
  • edited April 2009
    But they were sweet red beans. It was like spreading strawberry jam on a crepe and calling it a taco.
  • edited April 2009
    Today I had Fanesca, which I also consider to be a huge success.

800px-Fanesca.jpg

It actually looked better than the one in this picture.
  • edited April 2009
    That looks like a thick vegetable stew with pieces of meat, veggies, and eep fried awesomeness in it. I am hungry.
  • edited April 2009
    That's not meat you can't eat meat on Holy Friday, you blasphemer! It's salt cod!
  • edited April 2009
    Curse these Fridays of Lent! The wrap place had my favorite special, that they haven't had in months, and I couldn't eat it.
  • edited April 2009
    Fanesca sounds kick awesome! Next international club meeting, I'm going to suggest we make some. That picture is making me hungry as well...

I need a recipe!
  • edited April 2009
    Well the priest at my Church says that if for some reason you must eat meat, you can give up something else, which sounds logical to me. The whole not eating meat is supposed to be a sort of sacrifice to remember or reflex about Jesus dying for us, so it's not like meat itself is wrong. In the same line of thought, there are people who don't eat meat but feast on salmon and shrimps on lent Fridays, what good is that? Me and my girlfriend's anniversary was on a Friday this year and I really wanted to take her to a place that has the beast meat in town, so we decided that we would eat that, and gave up Coke for a week, which was actually a lot harder than not eating meat for one day.

EDIT: I found this recipe in the Wikipedia article for it, I really really have no idea how fanesca is made since I just eat the one my aunt makes and prefer not to even enter the kitchen while she makes it, so this is as good as any other recipe I could find I guess.
  • edited April 2009
    Oh my... *ate meat in every meal today, and also a snack of disgusting MREs consisting of dry bread with a cheese/bacon spread*
  • edited April 2009
    Fanesca looks awesome. I want it.
  • edited April 2009
    mario wrote: »
    Oh my... *ate meat in every meal today, and also a snack of disgusting MREs consisting of dry bread with a cheese/bacon spread*
    You best not be dissing my wheat snack bread, Mario!
  • edited April 2009
    Well that's ok if you're not Catholic/Christian.. AND WANT TO BURN IN HELL.
  • edited April 2009
    It's not what you eat that poisons your soul, it's what you spit up. Have some sense.
  • edited April 2009
    kukopanki wrote: »
    Well that's ok if you're not Catholic/Christian.. AND WANT TO BURN IN HELL.

:D I also ate meat every Friday during Lent! And I didn't give anything up!

I think there were too many years where I'd give something up, and then I would forget about it from not going to church and generally not thinking about religion very often anyway. Yeah sure I'm a bad person for not even trying for the past two years, but eh. I've already thought about that a lot.
  • edited April 2009
    You best not be dissing my wheat snack bread, Mario!

Well I liked the cheese spread. Tasted kinda like Handi-Snacks. The bread was way too dry though.
  • edited April 2009
    Pretend it's lembas bread!
  • edited April 2009
    Oooh Lembas
  • edited April 2009
    Sweetie and I made our own Easter Dinner for two. We did a home-rotisserie chicken, green beans, brussel sprouts, stuffing and gravy. I chased it, after sweetie slept for an hour or two in a satiated nap on the couch, with chocolate souffle and frozen raspberries.

There's no photos because we ate it all (and how.)
  • edited April 2009
    I didn't even know it was Easter until my mom called me last night. So I guess for Easter Dinner I had delivery KFC.
  • edited April 2009
    I wish I had a kitchen :)

Maybe next year in my APARTMENT (holy crap I'm so looking forward to that) I'll take pictures of food experiments I can have.
  • edited April 2009
    College apartments is so damn awesome! I hosted parties every weekedn in my kick-ass apartment with awesome home-made(apartment-made?) food-stuffs and store-bought booze. And i had sushi-making parties and game-night parties and such. Apartments trock so damn much.
  • edited April 2009
    I am so ready this trocking experience.
  • edited April 2009
    They trock indeed.
  • edited April 2009
    I might actually want to try making that some day.. looks pretty good!!
  • edited April 2009
    Oh god! It's the meat cake!
  • edited April 2009
    That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
  • edited April 2009
    How would we heat it up?
  • edited April 2009
    I ate snails yesterday. And duck tongue. It's chewy.
  • edited April 2009
    You have to say escargot if you want to sound fancy. And if you don't wanna seem fancy.. then why did you eat snails in the first place, anyway?