Homemade Zelda Comics

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Come one now, I like Creation of Adam. I can understand if you like good ol' Mike's sculpture works beter but you have to have at least aperetiation for his painting work; it's not sick.
  • edited May 2006
    Night Lord, stop being egged on by an 11 year old. It's demeaning to you, and frankly you're not doing so well anyway.

Spyro, quit flaming people. You suck at it even more than Night Lord does. Settle the hell down and think before you post. Contribute something to the discussions at hand. Or, for preference, just leave and don't come back. This isn't the forum for you and I'm getting tired of ignoring you.
  • edited May 2006
    Dun dun DUN!

Cut it off, guys...
  • edited May 2006
    Thanks,Nukijav...Nukiva...Nukijiva...Nukijavaja...uh...can I call you Nuki?:o
  • edited May 2006
    Apathy wrote:
    Night Lord, stop being egged on by an 11 year old. It's demeaning to you, and frankly you're not doing so well anyway.

Yeah, you're right, dunno where all that came from really, but its gone way too far. My apologies to everyone, especially Mario for sending the official comic topic down the shitter.
  • edited May 2006
    It's cool, it's not like you do it every day.
  • edited May 2006
    I apoligize, too. I shouldn't have let all this bother me. After all, people should be able to have their fun. By the way, I update all the time, pretty much every day. So you might want to check it out.;)
  • edited May 2006
    Spyro, everyone calls me Nuki, so no problem.
  • edited May 2006
    okay, but that last post wasn't apologizing about that, just so you know,Nuki.
  • edited May 2006
    Spyro7000 wrote:
    I don't have an allowance, so I can't afford to pay for a photoshop to make sprite comics.:p

You can make a sprite comic in MS Paint instead of the stick figure thing, you know. I know I'm not some kind of god of making sprite comics or animation or anything for that matter, but if I can pull this off then you can surely make something better than the stick figure thing.

But then this begs the following question: If you said before that they are stick figures as a joke
    Spyro7000 wrote:
    they're stick figures as a joke
    then why did you even bother bringing up not being able to "afford" a sprite comic in the first place?

Basically, what I see from your comic is making it crappy in an attempt for us to laugh simply because the comic is that bad. If this is true, then as far as I'm concerned, you have failed.
  • edited May 2006
    That was actually pretty good. It made me chuckle, twice.
  • edited May 2006
    mjc0961 wrote:
    You can make a sprite comic in MS Paint instead of the stick figure thing, you know. I know I'm not the kind of sprite comics or animation or anything for that matter, but if I can pull this off then you can surely make something better than the stick figure thing.

But then this begs the following question: If you said before that they are stick figures as a joke then why did you even bother bringing up not being able to "afford" a sprite comic in the first place?

Basically, what I see from your comic is making it crappy in an attempt for us to laugh simply because the comic is that bad. If this is true, then as far as I'm concerned, you have failed.
    Well, I couldn't get photoshop so I decided to use paint. Then, I decided to make them stick figures. I actually started with the idea of a comic about Shiek. And finally, no I wasn't purposely making it crappy.
  • edited May 2006
    Did you decide to make them stick figures because you couldn't get photoshop, or were they two totally seperate decisions? Because I think I know where there's a good tutorial on how to make sprite comics in MS Paint if you want it.
  • edited May 2006
    Yes, actually. But where can I do that?
  • edited May 2006
    I know I shouldn't double post, but I just want you all to know this thread is now obselete. I am making a new thread about this called "The Legend Of Wink" so the thread has a more appropriate name. It will be in the forum: Zelda Comics.
    Thank you, all my adoring fans! (crickets chirping)
  • edited May 2006
    Stop making threads for your comics in the Zelda Comic forum. The Conservatory is specifically designed for people to show off their own art projects. I've deleted the other thread, so you can either continue your discussion in here or make a new thread within The Conservatory.
  • edited May 2006
    Oh. that's why I can't find it.
  • edited May 2006
    Yeah... That section is not called "Zelda Comics" as in a place to talk about any comic based around The Legend of Zelda game series. It's called "Zelda Comic" as in mario's comic titled Zelda Comic.

And here is the tutorial: http://www.kiwibonga.com/wheretheresawil/extra/tutorials/noexcuses/index.php

Although I would not bother making the text bubbles rounded like that for a beginner. Doing so is a pain. I would recommend instead typing your text and placing it first, and THEN drawing a box around it with the rectangle tool. If you need help with that, let me know and I'll draw up some screenshots for you.
  • edited May 2006
    Thanks! I already finished my first sprite comic!
  • edited May 2006
    "Moo Ha Ha!"? What, is Link a cow now?

PS: If you're gonna do a sprite comic about Links Awakening, I'd recommend you use the DX sprites, they're in colour you know. See?. Although, I'd say rip your own sprites, BUT! Only if you actually own the game, otherwise its naughty. Very naughty. Like $10,000 fine naughty.

PS: Just read through your archives. In the kidnapping, how does Manon A: Get bruises on his face from a kick to the body, and B: Where do they go?
  • edited May 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    Although, I'd say rip your own sprites, BUT! Only if you actually own the game, otherwise its naughty. Very naughty. Like $10,000 fine naughty.

Erm, no. ROMs are always illegal and you can always get fined for them whether you actually own the game or not. Nintendo's likelyhood of caring that you downloaded a ROM of Link's Awakening DX is pretty slim, but just be warned that it's still illegal and there is always a possibility that you COULD get in trouble for that.

And how about a link to the newest comic when you post saying there is one so we can find it easily?
  • edited May 2006
    I see. Well, disregard what I said. Seriously, I'll get in trouble for it!
  • edited May 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    "Moo Ha Ha!"? What, is Link a cow now?

PS: If you're gonna do a sprite comic about Links Awakening, I'd recommend you use the DX sprites, they're in colour you know. See?. Although, I'd say rip your own sprites, BUT! Only if you actually own the game, otherwise its naughty. Very naughty. Like $10,000 fine naughty.

PS: Just read through your archives. In the kidnapping, how does Manon A: Get bruises on his face from a kick to the body, and B: Where do they go?
    I used oracle of ages sprites because I like that game. As for the kidnapping comic, I just added bruises to show he's beat up, and I forgot to add the CENSORED panel, where he gets beat up. And they went away. I did that looney toones thing where one second you're in mind-numbing pain, the next you're planning again on how to catch that roadrunner, or in this case, princess helga.
  • edited May 2006
    Hey! You TOTALLY stole a joke from the fairly odd parents! Don't think I don't see your plaigiarizin' ways.
  • edited May 2006
    Huh? Which joke?
  • edited May 2006
    mjc0961 wrote:
    Erm, no. ROMs are always illegal and you can always get fined for them wether you actually own the game or not. Nintendo's likelyhood of caring that you downloaded a ROM of Link's Awakening DS is pretty slim, but just be warned that it's still illegal and there is always a possibility that you COULD get in trouble for that.

Sorry, but you're a little off. ROMs are legal under US laws that permit the creation of personal backup copies of software. What this means is that, if you own the game and create a ROM from it yourself, then it's legal. It's not, however, legal to subsequently distribute ROMs to others, or download ROMs you don't own. It's the same as with a music CD. You're allowed to import CDs you own as MP3s and make as many personal copies as you like, transplanting those files from CD to computer to iPod or Xbox or whatever. But you can't upload those files to P2P networks for others to download.

Granted, this issue has become a little tricker since the Digital Millenium Copyright Act; this makes it illegal to circumvent copy protection schemes, on the grounds that it impedes on the creator's intellectual property rights. So while we can still rip CDs (which for the most part don't have copy protection), DVDs, with their wide range of protection schemes, are off limits for copying and converting. But since we're already given the right to make personal backup copies, this law doesn't really mean much, as it directly impedes upon said right. But now we're getting off-topic.
  • godgod
    edited May 2006
    mjc0961 wrote:
    Huh? Which joke?
    the nickle joke.
  • edited May 2006
    uh, actually, whe Cosmo found a nickel, he gave it a boy's name and later found out it was a girl nickel. In my comic, the anchorman couldn't name it because he didn't know whether it was a boy or a girl. So, it was a joke of the same subject as that joke, but not the same joke.

PS:
    a link to the comic is in my signature, so you have to enable showing signatures for the quickest link possible. Or you can just click on my username and select "visit my homepage".:p
  • edited May 2006
    mario wrote:
    Sorry, but you're a little off. ROMs are legal under US laws that permit the creation of personal backup copies of software.

Then why do the majority of game manuals state that (in one form or another, this one is taken from the Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time book) "Copying of any video game for any system is illegal and is strictly prohibited by domestic and international intellectual property laws." :confused:
  • edited May 2006
    I didn't even know that game was out yet! Now can we please go back to discussing my incredibly crappy comic?