Homemade Zelda Comics

Comments

• edited June 2006
    alright sorry, its just that i really wanted to see what people thought, i wont do it again
  • godgod
    edited June 2006
    im going to have to agree with night lord on that. and, the mouth movements were crappy.
  • edited June 2006
    1 you probably never reduced the size of the screen, becuase the sprite that i made is supposed to be 200x200 and the screen is a fair size larger, and it isnt even finished. dam.... i would definitely like to see you do better at making a completely custom 200x200 sprite and match it to some audio of xemnas better.
  • edited June 2006
    Before this escalates: Shut the fuck up you damned kids.

Night Lord, not your place. Mario has already pointed out that it was a dud post. Your yes-manning isn't going to win you any favour.

'god', leave it alone. You can't even make a decent username and you have something like 440 posts of crap and 11 posts of any worth.

New guy, get over it. Maybe try again when you actually finish the project. And make a new thread next time.
  • edited June 2006
    What he said! Now I know the world is going to stop spinnig if we do this too long, but can we have AT LEAST 3 posts about my comic?
    PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?!?!?!
  • edited June 2006
    Apathy, I was merely commenting on the fact that it was a quite inane thing to post. I guess posting something more than wtf would have made it more clear.
  • edited June 2006
    god pissed me off, im sorry... i guess it was sorta childish. I'm going to make up some of my off topic posts with a good zelda comic..... of course not as great as the legend of wink...... '_-

on a side note, if you read this mario, i was wondering if i could start a topic that holds a spriting contest, and whoevers you think is the best could possibly have a small cameo appearence in zelda comic?
  • edited June 2006
    Wow, yet another post that has nothing to do with the thread.
  • edited June 2006
    Spyro7000 wrote:
    What he said! Now I know the world is going to stop spinnig if we do this too long, but can we have AT LEAST 3 posts about my comic?
    PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?!?!?!

Have you updated with any new content for us to look at yet? It's best if you post giving direct links to new content so you can get the maximum amount of feedback. Trust me, I know. I had a topic like this on another forum, and just slapped my link in my sig like you and the topic was just full of me posting "new comic guys" and no replies. Then I started linking my comics in the post for easy access, and bam! Comments.
  • edited June 2006
    Spiro, you're getting better. I'd suggest trying to make the punch a little less obvious, other than that. you're on the right track.

General note: I am uncreative. I can't make anything presentible to show off in a forum. I do not post examples of my best work, ask for objective criticism, and then get pissed when people simply say they don't like it. Why ask people what they think if all you want to hear is "it's great, I love it"? If you ask people, "what do you think?", you should expect them to tell you what they think, not what you want to hear. If you are truly blown away because you think that what you've created is pure gold, then your opinion of yourself is obviously way too high.
  • edited June 2006
    Hm, I'll be supportive and helpful too.

Spiro, I would recommend pushing yourself with your art. If you push yourself by trying to make more complex artwork, your skills will improve. That Bob The Leaf comic is what made me think of this. Having a leaf copied and pasted into each panel is not going to make you improve any better. If it takes you ten minutes to make the comic, you're probably not going to get any better.

Perhaps you should try adding actual backgrounds instead of just changing the color in each panel. Just start simple at first, with maybe a tree, clouds, a sun, etc, and then gradually work on making them nicer. The same can be said for your characters.

Even if it's a sprite comic, you can make great progress if you keep up at it. Brian Clevinger's 8 Bit Theatre has come a great ways in artwork since his first comics, if you want to see what I'm talking about. I don't think anyone expects you to go out, get Photoshop, and become a great Photoshop master, but I think the same concept applies that if you push yourself, you'll get better.

As for the humor thing, be open to criticism. It'll help you evolve into a great comic author if you can take constructive critism and build off of it.

Whew. So yeah, good luck.
  • edited June 2006
    And remember: Have fun with it!
  • edited June 2006
    hmmmm...
  • edited June 2006
    Oh, and one more thing: If you're gonna whine and beg for people to stay on topic and discuss your work, don't make useless posts like the one above. Now you look just as bad as (or even worse than) they do for contributing nothing to the topic: the topic you've begged and pleaded everyone else to stay on.

... Okay, I lied above. TWO more things. Seeing your avatar... Stay away from JPG for sprites unless you have a good program that can pull it off. Here's a hint: MS Paint is not one of those programs.
  • edited June 2006
    mjc0961 wrote:
    Oh, and one more thing: If you're gonna whine and beg for people to stay on topic and discuss your work, don't make useless posts like the one above. Now you look just as bad as (or even worse than) they do for contributing nothing to the topic: the topic you've begged and pleaded everyone else to stay on.

... Okay, I lied above. TWO more things. Seeing your avatar... Stay away from JPG for sprites unless you have a good program that can pull it off. Here's a hint: MS Paint is not one of those programs.

MS Paint can't really pull off Gifs either. Its lack of quality is one of the main reasons I jumped to photoshop.

That, and the fact that I found out I had owned photoshop for years and never knew it. :p
  • edited June 2006
    Multimedia fusion is great for spriting too, and it FREE, you can get it from download.com, remember to export your finished stuff as a .bmp though, it preserves the quality of your sprite, while the .jpg just kinda screws it up and makes it look messy.

man it was so hard to post that, i actually posted some thing on topic...kinda
    so dont give me any ****
  • edited June 2006
    Ok, 2 things:

1: Multimedia fusion is a game making program, so although you can make sprites with it, they're very basic.
    2: Export as .bmp?! Are you serious?

And to Spyro:
    Use The gimp. Its free, and handles good gif/png (I'd recommend PNG)
  • edited June 2006
    deku12345 wrote:
    MS Paint can't really pull off Gifs either. Its lack of quality is one of the main reasons I jumped to photoshop.

That, and the fact that I found out I had owned photoshop for years and never knew it. :p

Uhm, although I had a similar situation with Paint Shop Pro, such stories really offer no help. At all.

And besides, MS Paint can do PNG, and that's the format you should be using anyway. (never BMP for posting online unless you want people to flame the pants off of you)
  • edited June 2006
    My Avatar is Gif., and bmp's kinda my thing.:rolleyes:
  • edited June 2006
    BMP better not be your thing if you want to be taken seriously.

And your avatar was a JPG somewhere or another. That dithering didn't appear on its own.

Just remember to do this before saving:
    th_Image2.gif
  • edited June 2006
    I'm not going to respond to that. Oh, wait I just did. Oh crap. I'm screwed now, aren't I?
  • edited June 2006
    So now people are finally trying to help you with your comic after you begged and pleaded for on topic discussion, and you aren't going to listen to anything we have to say?

Pssh. What were we talking about again? That guy's You Tube video?
  • edited June 2006
    Eew, Olive Green Windows XP Theme.

Eew, Windows XP!
  • edited June 2006
    Yay verily.
  • edited June 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    Eew, Olive Green Windows XP Theme.

Eew, Windows XP!

Hey, it was better than the default blue and silver skins. And much to people's surprise, Windows doesn't act like any of these stupid flashes unless you're a retard and go about deleting all kinds of important system files.
  • edited June 2006
    When I'm forced to use the PC downstairs, my profile has the silver theme, the best in XP. (When I do use the PC, I'm usually fixing it, something I almost never have to do with OS X, when I do its due to my blunder. But if I need to fix it, I'll be fucked as my OS X DVD burnt in a fire tonight.)
  • edited June 2006
    I just have the silver with a green title bar. I don't even have the fancy red "Restore","Minimize","Maximize", and "Exit" buttons that flash when you move the mouse over it. And guess what...
    I'M LOVIN' EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!!!
    Just kidding. But it really doesn't suck.:D
  • edited June 2006
    I like the blue and green style....
  • edited June 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    When I'm forced to use the PC downstairs, my profile has the silver theme, the best in XP. (When I do use the PC, I'm usually fixing it, something I almost never have to do with OS X, when I do its due to my blunder. But if I need to fix it, I'll be fucked as my OS X DVD burnt in a fire tonight.)

Haha. Windows reserves a small portion of your hard drive for the recovery files so you're not fucked if you lose the recovery CD's.
  • edited June 2006
    But if your partitions go down the shitter, I doubt that'll be much help.

I've gotta keep this system working perfectly until december, when I can get leopard.