• edited January 2007
    What exactly is the iPhone?
  • edited January 2007
    Slick wrote: »
    What exactly is the iPhone?

www.google.com
  • edited January 2007
    Stef wrote: »
    I think the first step to stopping this ridiculousness is to get rid of the oligarchyof the two-party system. If two businesses were pulling this bullshit, our anti-trust laws would kick their asses. I can't believe we tolerate it in our government.

Warned against a two-party system.
    It would mess our country up.

He invented hot chocolate
    when he shat in a cup.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Washington. Washington.

A million miles high.
    Eats whales for fun.

he's coming.
    he's coming.
    he's coming.
  • edited January 2007
    Waffles, sorry. I assumed you were American. Stef, I mostly agree that the gridlock caused by the parties constantly trying to hold power does often make it more expedient to simply choose a candidate who is with the majority and will be able to get something accomplished, but I still mostly just hate the ideas people have that anyone within a party automatically holds the standard values of that particular party to be important. Obviously, it would be really nice if we could choose people who's self-interests took a back seat to serving teh country, but that's never going to happen. The only way to make it anywhere in politics to to have support of a large group, which means you have to act with the group's best interests in mind. I don't think I actually have a point anymore. I just know too many people who cling to one party or the other and categorize them as the good guys and the evil, bad guys.
  • edited January 2007
    I often go to bed at 22.15. Not today however.

When do you guys turn in?
  • edited January 2007
    Midnight or so. I have to wake up at 7:30 every morning, so I can't stay up too late, or I fall asleep in class or at work.
  • edited January 2007
    Stef wrote: »
    I think the first step to stopping this ridiculousness is to get rid of the oligarchyof the two-party system. If two businesses were pulling this bullshit, our anti-trust laws would kick their asses. I can't believe we tolerate it in our government.

I just thought it would be an interesting thing to know: In Ecuador, the last time I checked, there were 17 official political parties, not to count independent movements and the like. Of these 17, I'd say that at least 5 are really big ones, which results in what people here call 'partidocracia' or 'partycracy' (it sounds fun in english). What happens is that the parties oppose and fight each other to death, until they eventually reach some sort of agreement in which each one is at least partially benefited. But of course, when you have to keep so many people's interests in mind, you kind of forget about the country's interests.
  • edited February 2007
    I don't work tomorr.. today. Also, Alien Hominid HD comes out on the XBox Live thing for download at 4:00 EST and I want to buy it.

I WILL buy it.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm stranded!

Our car broke down on the way home from college and now we're at this remote gas station that has a wireless connection somehow, and our ride probably won't be here for four hours!

Happy Spring Break, everybody. I'll be here if you need me. Stranded at the Nice'n'Easy.
  • edited March 2007
    Well thank goodness for random wireless hotspots! Hang in there, baby.
  • edited March 2007
    Ouch. Hope things turn out alright for you. Better than being stuck in a snowbank in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a blizzard I suppose.
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, it's 11:00 right now, and our ride won't be here until 2. Gonna be a long night, and I can't plug my computer in because all the outlets are ON THE CEILING FOR SOME REASON. These crazy backwards small towns.
  • edited March 2007
    So, hlavco, who are you with? And who's coming to pick you up?
  • edited March 2007
    I was with my friend/roommate and rescued by his mother, because though my parents were an hour closer, they couldn't get out of work. Specifically my dad, because some guy Jose at his plant calls in every Saturday because apparently he's not allowed to work Saturdays due to his religion, and it drives everybody else at the place crazy because they can never call in on Saturdays unless they beat this guy to it.
  • edited March 2007
    mario wrote: »
    Don't blame me, I voted for David Palmer.

You are officially on my Coolest People list.
  • edited March 2007
    you know who's a good guy? Khan. he's the blackest black person I know
  • edited March 2007
    Would anyone mind if I post that joke from South Park?

"Something that annoys you"

N_GGERS
  • edited March 2007
    perhaps you should post the solution, too
  • edited March 2007
    NAGGERS!

Dirty minded fiends that you are.
  • edited May 2007
    Insomnia!

Tomorrow I have a dentist's appointment, and I haven't studied!

Next Wednesday I have my end of course exam for my career development courses, and I have not studied! If I fail them I have to see my Commander! That is bad!

The Friday after that I have my physical fitness test, and I haven't stud...err...worked out as much as I should have! I'm worried I won't get above a 90% fitness score (which yields a free three-day pass!).

I'm really here to express my ability to procrastinate more than anything.
  • edited May 2007
    I'm the President of Procrastination.
  • edited May 2007
    Dude, I'm the Congress of procrastination.
  • edited May 2007
    I'll probably get around to become the Prime Minister of Procrastination in a little while.
  • edited May 2007
    Khan, I'll veto you eventually.
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah, but thats actually doing something.

I'll never do anything at all.
  • edited May 2007
    That's more laziness than procrastination.
  • edited May 2007
    I'll be the dictator of procrastination tomorrow.
  • godgod
    edited May 2007
    I'll get around to overthrowing you at some point.
  • edited May 2007
    I am the Secretary-General of the United Nations of procrastination.

I have coursework due in on Friday. I have about 5% of it done, with it needing about 150 pages of text (in html), and not handing it in = fail and fail = no viable course and no viable course = no education.
  • edited May 2007
    So did you ever get you coursework done?

I'm also a pretty big procrastinator.... not as much as I used to be, but eh. The biggest difference is that I'm actually worried about getting into college now, instead of just saying "Eh, I hate this class anyway, who cares if I fail for one grading period. I'll make it up later"

And yet I'm still in national honor society. BWAHAHA! I HAVE THEM ALL FOOLED!