The Insomniac's Submersible!

1234568»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    My night time work is primarily due to something being due the next day. Procrastination? yes please! My parents never really enforced a work ethic. I'll definitely make sure my kids get it, though! Unless it's genetic? Oh god...
  • You'd think if Procrastination was genetic it'd have weeded itself out pretty quick in the evolutionary process.
  • Flying to the second world tomorrow morning, but due to the flight time, my only sleep will be on the plane.
  • That's not good sleeping. It barely counts at all.
  • Working fairly normal business hours coupled with a long commute to work has in a single week destroyed my habit of staying up really late. I've gone from routinely going to bed between 2 and 3am to being unable to getting up at 7:30 because I can't sleep in any later. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
  • It's hard. I get up at 7:15 for work and therefore plan to be in bed at midnight, but something interesting always happens on the internet and makes me stay up another hour or two.

So I just kinda get gradually more tired as the week goes on, and then make up for it on the weekend by sleeping till like 1pm.
  • "Make up for it"
  • There's no way to make up for lost sleep. I don't know if that's an actual medical fact, but I think it's just saner to act as if it were. It'sawful hard, but you should try to wake up early on weekends AS WELL as weekdays. I know I don't do it myself, but it's the only way that some day your body might actually get used to a sleep schedule of sorts.
  • I get up at 5:45am now. Sleeping in on weekends now means 7:30 and only because the house is full of people on weekends who won't go away or be acceptably quiet until 11:00 or so making it impossible for me to sleep until later.
  • I just kinda really enjoy sleeping.
  • I've spoken about this subject extensively in the past with Lauren. Sleeping is probably the single most pleasurable and enjoyable thing in life. To make matters worse, I just moved to a city where it's actually cold. It's so hard getting out of bed in the mornings when my covers are so warm and soft.
  • That's some truth right there. My old apartment was always warm (A perk of central air, I suppose) and now every morning it's cold. I mean, I like the cold, but leaving a warm blanket is the hardest thing to do in the morning.