The Insomniac's Submersible!

Comments

• godgod
    edited September 2010
    I'm just trying to not be an asshole since I'm going to be living with this guy for at least a semester, probably two (no idea what's happening after that). I can't take my laptop up on my bed or anything since I don't even have enough head space up there to sit up. I'm okay with it, I just do some of the things I typically would at night in the morning.
  • edited September 2010
    Attaboy, god. That's better than being an asshole.
  • edited September 2010
    Responsibility.
    It's what's for Breakfast!
  • godgod
    edited September 2010
    I don't drink caffeine much anymore, so that energy drink was probably a bad idea. Oh well, tomorrow (today) is Saturday, so I can sleep in. And my roommate is inexplicably absent at 2am, which is cool I guess since I can go on the computer and have the lights on. Though that's probably not helping my not staying up later.
  • edited September 2010
    Do homework, like reading assignments. That always helps. And if it doesn't, then you've gotten some homework out of the way. Win-win.
  • edited September 2010
    Whatever. Stay up all night and talk to people online; absolutely nothing productive. that's what I always do.
  • edited September 2010
    What you USED to do. Jerk.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey, hey. In my defense... msn hasn't been working for me for the past week or two. Ask Andrew!! I actually asked him for advice for how to fix it. Problem is, I'm super lazy, and I only talk to two people on msn. You and Rob.

You guys should get aim since Macs and Windows Messenger hate each other with a passion.

If not... I have a FANCY new phone and I just downloaded msn messenger on it earlier tonight just cuz I missed you. That's some dedication right there.
  • edited September 2010
    The combined sexiness of both Rob and me are more than enough reason for you to spend every free moment on MSN. Truth.
  • edited September 2010
    You can't argue with that logic. Ryan alone was enough to get me back on MSN.
  • edited September 2010
    Yesssssss
  • edited September 2010
    I try to get on msn all the time!! Msn just doesn't like me!

EDIT: YESS!!! I JUST GOT IT TO WORK AGAIN! I did the same thing I tried the other day, but I guess I didn't repeat the process after reinstalling it a third time. Third time's a charm?
  • edited October 2010
    Oh hai guys, I'm stayin up late again.

Ryan, I was wondering why I didn't see you at all tonight on msn, but then I remembered!! You're with good company enjoying your week off. Hope that's going well for you!

You'll be happy to know, even WITHOUT your wonderful company into the midnight hours (drifting closer and closer to sunrise at this point), I managed to procrastinate, study, AND have a lovely conversation with Roberto.

...You jealous? Yeah, you should be. I totally have a test tomorrow and it's your fault I'm more prepared for it than I normally would be. Jerk.
  • edited October 2010
    Studying? For a test?

You're letting students down everywhere, Mish.

To even it out, you're going to have to turn up to the test with a keg in a wheelbarrow or something.
  • edited October 2010
    Glad to hear it! You need to stay up late more often.

And I can't compete with lovely conversations with Rob. I'm good and all, but not that good.
  • edited December 2010
    *sigh*

Studying blows. 3 tests tomorrow.... 1 on Friday... 4 finals from Wednesday to Friday next week.

At least I'll have a veeery long break after that. I CAN'T WAIT.

But seriously. Three exams on one day? FUCK.
  • edited February 2011
    I've been up studying all night and I just have to say one thing: cats are some crazy nocturnal fucks.
  • edited February 2011
    Ha, I used to love staying up late with Snowball. She always cheated though because she'd take naps when I was on the computer.

I've actually compared my personality to that of a cat, and the similarities are frightening. Pretty sure that's why I like cats so much!
  • edited February 2011
    Note to self: Treat Lauren like a cat when I meet her in person. Pet her head, scratch behind her ears, and when she's lying down grab her legs and while alternating pumping them left and right tell her she's just a dumb furry fuck, yes she is.
  • edited June 2011
    It is 2am. Something on my grandmother's hutch just started making slow spooky music box noises.

Nothing up there resembles a music box. All that's up there is fancy dinnerware and old porcelain figure things. It only played like six notes and was really weird. A few minutes ago the printer also started acting up on its own.

We were going through my great grandmother's World War I-era memorabilia earlier tonight and it's still down here. I think it must be haunting the place up.

I would flee the room but I have to finish my ice cream first .
  • edited June 2011
    Good man. Don't let those ghosts push you around.
  • edited July 2011
    I am sorry, that I interfere, but, in my opinion, this theme is not so actual.
    In my opinion, it is actual, I will take part in discussion.
    The theme is interesting, I will take part in discussion.

So... the theme is actual, but... not actual.

But we can agree that it's interesting, so that's okay!
  • edited June 2012
    Necro-threading. Do any of you old farts like staying up late anymore? I myself appreciate early nights far more than I used to.

I mean, I'm still nocturnal. For the most part. Yeah.

Also, Ryan, how could I not have responded to your last post in this thread? Goodness gracious! How could you say such a thing? How am I supposed to live my life NOT in fear if you go around telling everyone my biggest weakness?
  • edited June 2012
    Used to be I could go 72 hours without sleep, then sleep for about 10 hours and be right as rain.

Now I can barely function of a day with less than 8 hours sleep :(
  • edited June 2012
    I still stay up late. But late for me starts around 9 or 10 now. I wake up at 4:30, I have to be on the road by 5:35.
  • edited June 2012
    I find myself crashing on the couch after work, waking up again at 3am, then moving to the bed to finish the job. That's kinda like staying up late!
  • edited June 2012
    I'm a bum. I stay up until somewhere between 1am and 3am and then sleep in until breakfast is almost lunch.
  • edited June 2012
    Since I got my job, I've been going to sleep around 11 PM each night. Sometimes, on the weekends, I find myself going to bed as early as midnight, and actually waking up before noon.

I don't know what the fuck happened, but I'm going to do something about this. I was up until 5 AM last night, so that's a start.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm usually up until 1, but I shouldn't be, because the baby wakes me up twice before 8am, and by 9 she is ready to roll, HARD.

Hi guys. I bet this is my first post in this thread.
  • edited June 2012
    Fortunately Esmé got over waking in the night pretty quickly.

Except now and then she decides to wake up at 4am just because.