I Love Where This Thread Is Going

Comments

• edited January 2008
    ((
    Last chance people, here's my list - if you're not on it, you haven't acted this turn -

GUARDS
    Zalidor - wakes up below deck and heads to the rock island
    AgentCel - Heads to the rock island
    X'o'lore - Looks around
    NightLord - cooks a meal with is ingredients, a seagull and an oven
    RightClickScott - (now ReallyCleanSocks) Drinks, then tries to swim and call out the pirates at the same time.

ROCK ISLANDERS
    Slick - enters the staircase
    Trireme - climbs a tall tree to try to scout the island, possibly grab a coconut

EXPLORERS
    Amoeba Boy - drinks, Looks at his surroundings (looking for the person who left the blood drops)
    Takeru - Continues down the stairs
    deku12345 - Continues down the stairs
    Melted JohnnyCake - Continues down the stairs
    hlavco - Looks around in the light, follows deku and johnnycake
    God - Continues down the stairs, and drinks
    MrCheeze - Drinks, looks around, and ducks (just in case)
    Geoko - Attempts to cast "light."
    ))
  • edited January 2008
    ((I'm currently taking a nap. I plan on waking up next turn.))
  • edited January 2008
    ((I got booted off the list apparently! If no one wants to write in an extra story for me, that's fine, and I'm not just trying to make a point by being annoying, I honestly don't mind if my character sort of commits suicide. These things are just as fun to read :D ))
  • edited January 2008
    ((I don't understand what the title is supposed to mean. I'm not going anywhere!! :) Well I guess I did go to Target last night, but that's probably not what it means. Then again maybe you guys like Target as much as I do (though that's unlikely :p)))
  • edited May 2008
    ((bump))
  • edited May 2008
    ((comment in response to your bump))
  • edited May 2008
    (...nudge...[Only cause the bumping is doing nothing])
  • godgod
    edited May 2008
    *Poke*
  • edited May 2008
    ((Flerngh. Too much work. Geoff, you take over.))
  • edited May 2008
    ((And by work do you mean too much playing LostWinds?))
  • edited May 2008
    ((No, I mean it's too much work to keep track of everyone's independent actions in this game.))
  • edited May 2008
    ((Which gets in the way of playing LostWinds?))
  • edited May 2008
    ((LostWinds does not figure into this equation at any point. I'm not an obsessed LostWinds fan just because I bought LostWinds.))
  • edited May 2008
    ((I dunno, it has got itself some good reviews... I might even pick it up))
  • edited May 2008
    ((lay the DM
    [L]ook for new one))
  • edited May 2008
    (([R]evive DM
    Continue [L]ooking for a new one))

(NUDGE!!!)
  • edited May 2008
    ((I like LostWinds, don't get me wrong. I'd easily recommend it to anyone that enjoys a unique platformer. It just has no bearing on this game's lack of updates.

But yeah, open audition for new DM. Be forewarned: this game is a huge friggin' timesink. Next time I set one of these up, everyone will be in a unified party. All the splitting paths made it a daunting, and overall tiring, task.))
  • edited May 2008
    (You just figured that out?)
  • edited May 2008
    ((No, I just wrote it down in public because Night Lord seems genuinely confused over the matter.))
  • edited May 2008
    (BAH. Ruin all my fun...or...something...whatever...I'd take the position...but I suck at DMing and it would probably update slower then it was when you were making it.)
  • edited May 2008
    ((Geoff has expressed interest.))
  • edited May 2008
    ((What happended to this being nothing but a nonsensical drinking thread?

I say we don't need to be roleplaying to enjoy drunken fun!))
  • edited May 2008
    ((<R>oleplay like a bunch of lame dorks.
    <Dr>ink.

The choice is obvious.))
  • edited May 2008
    ((Hmm, what happens if I choose d<R>ink?))
  • edited May 2008
    ((Mario's controlling us so that we're roleplaying! OHNOES.

Fight the power!

Actually, scratch that, don't fight the power guys. The power is cool, unlike people who don't clearly indicate that they're posting messages outside the context of the role-playing.))
  • edited May 2008
    ((I've imagined this entire thread to consist of huddled people whispering to each other. If anyone does want to revive this, count me back in, it would be a shame to see it revived and to not be a part of it anymore. Hey Mario, I really did enjoy your DMing so if you ever wanted to start it up again you could always just kinda start over to make it easier for yourself... I mean, I'm sure the splitting of paths wasn't the only thing tim consuming, I'm not saying it was. But really!! You could still have fun with this, say "And all of you are zapped into one convenient location. You decide what to do" And then pick what you like best. I don't want this thread to completely die off!))
  • edited May 2008
    ((Believe be, I had a lot of fun running this. It was my first real DM experience, and I think I've learned a lot from it that I'd be able to apply to future sessions. I just sort of let this particular one get out of hand, and didn't plan very far ahead in terms of plot progression; almost everything that happened was in direct response to player choices and whim and fancy. I don't want it to disappear without a conclusion either, which is why I'm hoping Geoff picks it up. He told me he'd be sad to give up his character though. ^__^

I dunno, maybe I'll sit down and write out the events in advance so the plot can move more briskly.))
  • edited November 2008
    Hmm, I'll GM. Someone just give me a brief synopsis of the current situation.
  • edited November 2008
    ((Therein lies the problem. It's a pain in the ass tracking everyone's different storylines, which is what made this game so unwieldy by round eight.))
  • godgod
    edited November 2008
    ((WHY WAS THIS POST NOT IN CAPS, MARIO? HMMMMMM?))