I Love Where This Thread Is Going

Comments

• edited June 2007
    mario wrote: »
    ((Sorry rightclickscott, you've officially lost your "drunkest player" status.))

[Well! We'll see about that!]

Unfortunatly, he didn't have any rum on him. That is, until, he remembered his emergency flask! Always good for the drunkard on the go! So, first this was first, he took a nice <dr>ink, and decided to do a clumsy combination of <sw>imming and <ca>lling out to the pirates. However, this was quite difficult in his inebriated state. It probably would have been easier for a sober person.
  • edited June 2007
    ((Y'know, that'd be great if making up items in your posession was within the rules of the game.

It's not, by the way. I'm also fairly certain you can't do all 3 actions avalable to you.))

As I fumble my way down the stairs, and confusingly grope the walls, and also some dudes (accidentally), I decide that as long as I'm down this far, I might as well <C>ontinue going down the stairs.
  • edited June 2007
    After being startled by Takeru's searching hand, I decide to follow him with my light, so I <C>ontinue my descent, straining my ears for another growl. Also, there seems to be a dull pain in one of my hands.
  • edited June 2007
    ((Well, I guess this is a good enough reason for no comic))

All of a sudden, I realise that I was going into a mysterious tunnel completely sober! What was I thinking? I <Dr>ink, <L>ook at the inscription, and <Duck> (It's a natural action).

((If Slick can do it, so can I))
    ((It looks to me like Scott is still the drunkest))
  • godgod
    edited June 2007
    ((Nope. His .081 can't impair his ability to do things as well as my .09 can))

I <C>ontinue down the stairs, confident that I'm the least likely to fall. Then, remembering how drunk I am, I decide it's not a big enough challenge, and <C>ontinue to <DR> ink.
  • edited June 2007
    Takeru wrote: »
    ((Y'know, that'd be great if making up items in your posession was within the rules of the game.

It's not, by the way. I'm also fairly certain you can't do all 3 actions avalable to you.))

[See, now you're just taking the fun out of it. I just wanna see was strangely goofy attempts to perform basic functions pans out with his degree of temulency.]
  • edited June 2007
    ((How much until they die of alchohol poisoning?))

I'll <H>ead over to rock island.
  • edited June 2007
    I keep <L>ooking for interesting tidbits in the localized glow! Of course, as Deku12345 has already descended the stairs, if Melted Johnnycake descends as well I'll be forced to follow in order to stay in the light.
  • edited June 2007
    <C>ook a delicious meal using my ingredients, a seagull and rotisserie oven.
  • edited June 2007
    (( I feel inclined to be an existing character or something... start me off somewhere will ya? ))
  • edited June 2007
    ((Jump in if you like. It's assumed that several generic sailors are following along with any large group, so you can join in at any time as a sailor. The current groups you can choose from to join are the Explorers, the Guards and the Rock Islanders.))
  • edited June 2007
    ((Ok I guess I'll be a guard then...cause an explorer popping out of nowhere would be weird...but in their intoxicated states...nah some of them are sober.))

Waking up from below deck I (h)ead out to the rock island.
  • edited June 2007
    After taking a hefty swig I feel the need to say, "EEeeooowah!" Definitely not my usual choice of drink, but I guess it'll have to do. As I approach the side of the ship I stop and let my head clear for a second and try to recall what I was looking for over here. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to recall as that drink broke my train of thought. Then I step in a small puddle of blood. Considering that my feet are decidedly bare this is kind of gross, but it does jolt my memory again. I can see that the call for help at the least wasn't Scott, but I seem to have missed whoever it was. I suppose I'll look around to see if I can figure out where the owner of this bit blood wandered off to and make sure they they're fine.
  • edited June 2007
    Happy to have met up with some of my other sailor companions, I ask them to give me any input on what they think of the strange fog situation. Since there are palm trees all over this island, I tell them to talk to me while I <C>limb up one of the taller trees. I feel confident in my tree climbing skill because of my sober state and hope to get a good idea as to just how big this foreign island is. Besides, if there are any coconuts on top of the palm tree, I just may want to take one of them as well. Can’t quench thirst on the sauce alone!
  • edited June 2007
    Interested in treasure (and probably too drunk to realize the "perils" of the fog approaching the ship) Slick <D>ecends the staircase.
  • edited June 2007
    (( I told him you probably won't take my word for it but, NoLonger said that he doesn't want to be in this RPG anymore {aparently he has better stuff to do.}))
  • edited June 2007
    ((Does he have better things to do than post on the forum too? That's the only reason I can think of for him to not post his intentions to leave the game himself.))
  • edited June 2007
    ((Yea I know that what I said {only reworded.}))
  • edited June 2007
    ((any objections to Geoko attempting to cast a "light" spell of some sort?))
  • edited June 2007
    I decide to <C>ontinue down the stairs, emblodened by my new found courage, I do not hesitate, but before moving on I notice Hlavco getting all up in my localized glow. I always knew he was kind of a creepy guy, and it looks as if he might just follow me, keeping this all to myself, I set off down the steps, presumably to reach the hallway below.
  • edited June 2007
    Geoko fumbles around in the dark for a while, but doesn't really find much of interest. He yelps when someone grabs his butt and wheels around in a rage. Carlyle is standing there, looking a little dumbfounded.

"What in the hells are you doing?!" He screams, one hand cocked and ready to slap if the next sentence doesn't go well.

Carlyle tries his best to look innocent. "Look... I- er... well, you were fumbling around in the dark, so I thought I might as well give it ago, I was trying to be helpful. You can't get mad at me for being helpful."

Somewhat satisfied, but obviously still a little peeved, Geoko lowers his fist and returns to trying to grasp to the matter at hand, rather than become calloused. he goes back to groping around in the dark, but after a few moments, realizes this probably won't yield anything useful. He turns back to Carlyle.

"Say, did you hear those two go plummeting off?"

His calm obviously had returned, which put Carlyle more at ease. "I did indeed, sir. Though I don't seem to hear it now."

"huh. Do you suppose they hit the bottom?"

"I suppose they must have."

"What are those er-" he waives his hand about as if trying to pull the word from the air, "math... thingies... called again?"

"You mean equations, sir?"

Geoko snaps as the word comes back to him. "Yea, yea, that's the one. Isn't there one of those to figure out how far down they went?"

"Sir, I'm an accountant, not a physicist." Given the blank stare he was getting, Carlyle figured this plea was falling on deaf ears.

"Yea, so you do math things... I know... Well, can you tell me how deep this thing goes?"

Carlyle sighs and pulls out a pen and piece of paper, deciding the best way out of this is to just indulge the mage. "hmmm... yes... carry the 3... oh my. It appears to be quite far."

"Oh? What do you consider far?"

"Definitely more than near."

"I see." Geoko peers towards the edge awkwardly, somewhat nervous about falling the far distance which is definitely more than near, when something catches the corner of his eye, and he looks over to see his fellow explorers with light. He think to himself, "bah, those puny lights won't do much down here. Why, back in my day, I could light up an entire town with my spells. Even got in trouble for it a few times, but wooo, you shoullda seen the look on old lady Stef's fa- ..." His brain slowly churns into gear. His eyes widen in excitement as he proclaims proudly, "By god, that's it!"

He cracks his knuckles, closes his eyes slowly, and decides if there ever was a reason to start using his spells again, this is it. He concentrates as deeply as his somewhat inebriated mind will allow, and <A>ttempts to cast "light".
  • edited July 2007
    ((yay! I was sure I would have missed my turn by now. I haven't been to a forums in a while!))

Mish looks at this suitcase with newfound delight. "oooOOOoo!!" she squeals, "A bandaid kit! Awesome! This might even be better than a healthy swig of alcohol! But just maybe."

It seems as if the intense bleeding has made Mish somewhat illogical, but in any case, she fumbles about <O>pening this handy 'bandaid kit', wondering if the kit includes one of those handy sanitizing wipes. Her legs feels pretty sticky, ya know, with all the blood starting to dry.
  • edited August 2007
    ((*Pokes*

*Runs*))
  • edited August 2007
    (( Run, he's gonna killllllllll you!))
  • edited January 2008
    ((*cough*))
  • edited January 2008
    ((Covonia! Cough medicine with Clout!))
  • edited January 2008
    ((Alright, I'm gonna compile this turn and make mario do another one. Otherwise I went let him go to MY Macworld. That's right. It's mine. ^_^ ))
  • edited January 2008
    ((You win for bumping this!))
  • edited January 2008
    ((Yes, do the hard work for me! Everything is going according to plan.

Also, your MacWorld? I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that organizes everyone to get their free passes and crash at your place! MacWorld belongs to me!!))
  • edited January 2008
    I totally forgot about this thread. Looks like I haven't made an action this past turn.

I think I'll take a <dr>ink of "courage" and <l>ook around at my surroundings.