I Love Where This Thread Is Going

1101112131416»

Comments

• edited December 2012
    ((I drew a drawring to celebrate the return of this game. Walter really gets into character when he DMs.))
  • edited December 2012
    ((I don't have the read all the thread to participate do I?))
  • edited December 2012
    ((Certainly not! This is definitely a reboot, and prior knowledge of how the adventure progressed is not a requirement. A reread would make you more familiar with the general construct of the game, and I thought it was a pretty fun run worth reading anyway, but if you didn't play before, the important thing to know is that you're a sailor whose ship crash-landed on an island in the middle of the ocean, and you are currently in a cave located under a secret door on this island. You're waking up alongside your fellow crew members after a long, alcohol-induced slumber. Booze played a big part of the game before (blood alcohol content is a stat I track), but that stat has been reset and, at least for this turn, it would appear that none is available to be consumed. We'll see how long that lasts.))
  • edited December 2012
    geoko sits up awkwardly and stretches his back. <W>aking up from a 5 and a half year slumber on rock is hell on one's back as he was quickly realizing. After cracking his back and neck, and a few disoriented head shakes, he looks around again.

"Verrrrry funny, Carlyle… I'll have that drink now."

He waited a moment, but heard nothing save some of his fellow sailors beginning to rustle about as well. He reaches down and pats the outside of his flask pocket, but the familiar comforting thud of hitting his filled flask is replaced with a hollow, empty clank.

"You… nerdy little… spawn of a jodongan ape!" The reality of the situation hit him hard. Carlyle had not only put them in a dire situation, but ruined any chance of having a good old fashioned drunken misadventure. He vaguely recalls that he once summoned a flask of ale large enough to knock out a sea serpent, and in a moment of desperation, attempts to cast his summon spell again, but nothing happened beyond a few sparks falling from his hand to the floor. "Damn!" he thought, as he recalled from his lessons that a mage can only have one familiar summoned at a time, and his is currently (unfortunately) a useless accountant who has decided to not only overreach his station, but do so for evil purposes.

The two possible objectives become clear, and he resolves himself to both. First, he determines that the booze from his flask deserved better than a death by just being poured out onto the ground. For his flask, and all the other booze that once filled many a cask on their ship which his fool of a familiar would have destroyed, vengeance will be had. Carlyle will pay for his crimes against booze. Secondly, he really doesn't want to do this sober, and finding some booze would likely help get rid of the rather vicious hangover he felt coming on. Carlyle surely couldn't have found of every drop of booze in this cave, and geoko has decided to find whatever might have been overlooked.

He looks around at the other sailors, some are sitting up now as well, but many are clearly still passed out drunk.

"Come on, wake up you lot! We've got booze to avenge, and booze yet to find."
  • edited December 2012
    ((As for your no splitting up rule, I take it then we should consider any "movement" actions offered to be a vote?))

((EDIT: For anyone feeling like getting caught up on the old goings on, here's a compilation of the episode 1 bits mario wrote and players actions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bF453rsGc48aam3lH6W1sc8vcv_X0tbFPCsGz8jXCgE/edit If I'm feeling sassy, I might put together a synopsis. But I'm not currently feeling sassy.))
  • edited December 2012
    Upon waking, Hlavco checks himself so as to avoid wrecking himself. Still on his person is Sting, the weird midget dagger that lights up in the presence of orcs. As no orcs appear to have moved into the cave over the last five years, it is still very dark. Hlavco does not recall having any other equipment... he always preferred to "use his resources", which was very difficult as a sailor and he had yet to perfect the art of building supplies out of salt water.

Hlavco verbally checks on the status of his mates, to avoid tripping over them in the darkness.
  • edited December 2012
    I recall...not much but I seem to be laying in a puddle. Geeze I wasn't THAT drunk was I? I think I was trying to push someone down stairs? Why would I even do something like that? That's kind of uncharacteristic of me. I think.

A ship. I think I was on the ship. Probably fell down the stairs after drinking too much of the generic booze that makes me dizzy. Except this doesn't look like a ship. The stairs are made of stone. How did I get here? Apparently I found the others? Ugh. I'm sore. I feel like I've been laying here for years. I need a drink. I said I need a drink. Drink. Crap. Why is the command not working? No booze? I'm less certain that I love where this thread is going, but someone over there is saying something about avenging booze and finding booze. I feel much agreement.
  • edited December 2012
    ((Yeah, what happened to this thread?))
  • edited December 2012
    Agentcel <w>akes up underneath the floorboards of a suburban home, with a faint smell of dust gently ravaging his nostrils. He didn't appear to be restrained in any way, but he couldn't help but stay down and try to listen to the conversation above him.
  • edited December 2012
    ((Next turn is forthcoming.))
  • edited February 2013
    Azrodal <W>akes up from a coma wondering why he never did anything significant pre-coma, like all those other sailors.