I Love Where This Thread Is Going

Comments

• edited November 2008
    ((I SAY WE START AGAIN. SET IT IN THE LAND OF SHOUTING.))
  • edited November 2008
    ((I MADE THAT POST BEFORE 9PM PST, WHEN I DECIDED TO OBSERVE ALL-CAPS DAY EARLY WITH ALL-CAPS EVE.))
  • edited November 2008
    ((NOW I'M IMAGINING EVERYONE HUDDLED IN A CORNER SHOUTING WHISPERS TO EACH OTHER. THIS THREAD IS WEIRD))
  • edited November 2008
    ((RIGHT, I'LL DO IT. TONIGHT I SHALL FIND EVERY PATH/ROUTE/ETC. AND MAKE A NEW ENTRY. HOWEVER I WILL ADD A NEW RULE:

ALL ENTRIES ARE NOW TO BE IN BOLD AND BLUE. THIS WAY I CAN EASILY SPOT IT. RESPONSES NOT IN BLUE ARE TO BE IGNORED. FOR SRSLY. ANY OTHER POSTS STILL NEED TO BE IN (())S THOUGH.
  • edited November 2008
    GUARDS
    Generic actions:
    <U>se fishing pole
    <U>se musket
    <Dr>ink

Mish:
    Mish is bleeding, for some reason.

Also, there's this mysterious case that looks promising.

since mish is below deck she can't use generic actions until she goes up stairs.
    Actions:
    <C>all out
    <I>nvestigate wound
    <S>hrug it off, like a MAN
    <O>pen that there case.
    <Dr>ink

X'o'lore:
    After choking down some cheap rum you step in some blood. Eww!

You feel an intense need to help this injured shipmate. Also, you can hear faint sounds of splashing.

Actions:
    <L>ook for the hurt shipmate
    <S>ee if you can't find someone to assist in your search
    <F>orget about it, what'd said shipmate ever do for you? (Investigate the yarrg)
    (Dr)ink

Reallycleansocks:

You take a heathly swig from an imaginary flask and deside to swim <n>orth while yelling "Yarrg."

You get a unheathly mouthful of real sea water when you atempt to yell. Super!

While you're distracted you smash your head against the side of a barrnicle covered hull.
    no generic action for you eather
    Actions:
    <I>nspect the ship for climbing routes.
    <C>all for help, 'cause you're way too drunk for this.
    <Y>ell a coherent request for help.
    <Dr>ink

Nightlord:
    You cook an awesome Seagull dish. Good job!

Actions:
    <S>hare your food
    <Sc>rew that, horde that shit!

Agentcell:

Agentcell shimies on down to rock island. He's a islander now.
  • edited November 2008
    Rock Islanders
    Generic actions:
    <C>limb the tree!
    <G>o to down the stair case
    <L>eave for the ship
    <P>ick up a shovel

Slick:
    Slick decends, on the way spoting a cool, but useless looking, nic-nak.

slick can choose from the general actions of the Explorers instead of the Rock Islanders
    Actions:
    <N>ab that nic-nak!
    <Ne>ver mind that crap, catch up with the group
    <Dr>ink

Trireme:
    Trireme tries to initiate conversation about the strange fog, one of the sailors is pretty worried and thinks troubles a brewing but has little real input, and the others have no idea what the fog is about. You climb the tree and take some of the seemingly infinite coconuts, from here you can see a detailed view of the island:
    It's a big rock jutting out of some shallow water, your ship sits below. There is a single palm tree rooted in the rock cracking its surface, there is a opened trap door in a sand filled groove on the western side of the rock that leads down below.
  • edited November 2008
    ((Well son-of-a-bitch. Ah well, I guess this is what I get for drinking so much...))
  • edited November 2008
    ((How might other people join this?))
  • edited November 2008
    EXPLORERS
    Generic actions:
    <L>ook around blindly
    <S>earch with light
    <D>esend
    <A>ssend
    <Dr>ink

(
    Deku12345, Takeru, Melted JohnnyCake and God
    continue to desend.)

God:
    God drinks some ale, nice!

Amoeba Boy:
    Amoeba Boy casually drinks from his flask as he serveys the area.

From this angle he can see Hlavico looking at the wall and Mrcheeze ducking.

Actions:
    <I>nquire "wtf r u doing Hlavico?"
    <In>quire what fuck Mrcheeze is partaking in
    <Dr>ink

MrCheeze:
    You note the walls wise words and duck.

From this angle you can see that Geoko is readying for a ritual.

Hlavico:
    You end up spending so much time keeping up with the light-havers that all you manage to find is a stupid blue thingy with holes in it.

Actions:
    <S>mash that hippy shit
    <B>low into one of the holes while fingering the others
    <Dr>ink

Geoko:
    You cast an "Catch everyone around you on fire" spell, however you slur so badly it only engulfs MrCheeze in flame and summons a flame elemental.

The flame elemental speaks: "Hello my name is Bob"
  • edited November 2008
    ((Man, I don't even remember where I was. Apparently I was napping to reduce my BAC... can I wake up now?))
  • edited November 2008
    Oh yes, illithid climbs out of his hamic with a hankering for braaiiiinnsss.

And yes, I know I spelled hamic wrong.
  • edited November 2008
    Mish42 wrote: »
    Mish looks at this suitcase with newfound delight. "oooOOOoo!!" she squeals, "A bandaid kit! Awesome! This might even be better than a healthy swig of alcohol! But just maybe."

It seems as if the intense bleeding has made Mish somewhat illogical, but in any case, she fumbles about <O>pening this handy 'bandaid kit', wondering if the kit includes one of those handy sanitizing wipes. Her leg feels pretty sticky, ya know, with all the blood starting to dry.

((cool beans!))
  • edited November 2008
    <S>earch with a random light.
  • edited November 2008
    Um... <M>agically appear on the ship?
  • edited November 2008
    I look left. Then I look right.

Well I don't see any people immediately gushing blood, and I seem to be slightly dizzy for some reason. The swimming feeling in my head is comforting and I spin around and look back out to sea inviting more mild dizzyness. I need to do this more often. It is fun.

I could go after Scott, I reason, but there seems to be...light...puffy...air...stuff? I dunno. I forget what it was, but not even Scott would be silly enough to be out in that. I'm sure he's safey below deck where I'm going.

I step in some more goo on the deck. "Yarrg! Whoooose job izit to swab this damn deck!?" I say out loud. Actually, what day was it? Was that supposed to be my job? Well, crap. I think it was. I look down and note there seem to be drops of blood making a trail heading to the stairs going below deck.

I resume my swagger at a quicker pace mumbling to myself about some lousy, ungrateful jerk beedin' all over the deck makin' ME have to clean it all up. I'll just make HIM clean up his OWN blood. And the whole deck while he's at it. Heh heh. What a perfect plan. This could be a good day yet.
  • edited November 2008
    Mish42 wrote: »
    ((cool beans!))

:[Oh, I fail. Well I suppose I'll just rewrite your part.]:

Mish42 opens the busted case somewhat clumsily finding some Temporal Rifts. "Aw man" she slurs.

Mish42's leg is still bleeding and has made quite a mess.

<G>o back to the deck
    <U>se Temporal Rifts
    <Y>ell for help
    <Tr>y to stop the bleeding
    <Dr>ink

Edit: BAC and equipment:

Guards:
    Mish42: (Temporal Rifts).018
    Night Lord: (Cookware Seagull 5000™, Fishing Pole, Rotisserie Oven, Marinade Syringe, Plastic Mixing Bowl, Mixing Spoon, Cup, "Kiss the Chef" Apron, Reinforced Seagull Feast).024
    X'o'Lore: (N/A).042

Rockers:
    Trireme: (Coconuts)sober
    Agentcel: (Musket)sober
    Hamelin: (Gold Coins).024
    Slick: (Fishing Pole, Dead fish).075

Explorers:
    Amoeba Boy: (Coconuts).045
    Deku12345: (Fire, Shovel).012 (HAND IS ON FIRE)
    Geoko: (Familiar: Carlyle).075
    God: (Brightglasses).093
    Hlavico: (Sting, Occarina of Time).009
    illithid235: (N/A)sober (PEARL'D)
    Melted JohnnyCake: (Triforce of Courage).057
    MrCheeze: (N/A).003 (ON FIRE)
    NoLonger: (N/A).054
    Takeru: (N/A)sober
    Bob: (Staff of Charon)sober (IS PURE FIRE)
  • edited November 2008
    <c>
  • edited November 2008
    :[Wow, that's the first time anyone has simply posted the command. I'm impressed.]:
  • edited November 2008
    ((I'm too annoyed by text adventure games and uncreative anymore to post a full paragraph's worth of a response.))
  • godgod
    edited November 2008
    Oh man, these are really long stairs. I bet I can get to the bottom is I just let myself <F>all down them. Sure it might be dangerous for anyone else, but I can see, so I'll surely get to the bottom unharmed. Besides, if I'm not using my legs to walk, I can concentrate better on <D>rinking.
  • edited November 2008
    "What the crap?? That doesn't look like a bandaid!! What kind of crap medicine box is this??? What the heck is that thing anyway?!? Ugh!!"
    Upon seeing the miraculous matter of the mysterious medicine box, Mish has a rather embarrassing hissy fit.
    "No fair! Where are the freakin BANDAIDS! OW MY LEG LOOKS SO GRODY!!"
    While pouting and whining about how tough life is, she looks back at her so-called medicine box, and wonders how this might help her. "Heyy..." she thought to herself, "Maybe, it's like, a special bandaid... yeah, that will heal my whole leg up real fast. It looks pretty fancy, who knows, maybe it's just a high quality bandaid that only rich fancy people use. Cool!"
    Yeah, loss of blood is definitely affecting her thought process now. Hoping these new fancy bandaids will work, she takes a <Dr>ink of any alcohol around to ease some of the pain, and puts her legs into the suitcase feet first to <U>se the temporal rifts! This should be fun!
  • edited November 2008
    :[ Should I update now, or wait for those who haven't posted (over half)? ]:
  • edited November 2008
    ((Update now. Those who haven't posted yet take the default option: <D>rink))
  • godgod
    edited November 2008
    ((Give it a little while. One or two people obviously won't be taking actions, like Jhonny, but give the active forum goers who are part of the game a chance.))
  • edited November 2008
    I will wave my hand around and search with the light it provides. Hopefully it still doesn't hurt.
  • edited November 2008
    Trireme wrote: »
    Happy to have met up with some of my other sailor companions, I ask them to give me any input on what they think of the strange fog situation. Since there are palm trees all over this island, I tell them to talk to me while I <C>limb up one of the taller trees. I feel confident in my tree climbing skill because of my sober state and hope to get a good idea as to just how big this foreign island is. Besides, if there are any coconuts on top of the palm tree, I just may want to take one of them as well. Can’t quench thirst on the sauce alone!

((Okay, I must say that if you really are starting this thread back up again, then I think you sorta forgot about me.))
  • edited November 2008
    <S>
  • edited November 2008
    :[ I want to update friday night, so if you're going to post this turn and haven't, do so quickly. Fingers crossed I don't mess up again.

Also if anyone has geoko's number or aim or something you should tell him about this thread. ]:
  • edited November 2008
    ((You could perhaps send him a PM?))
  • edited November 2008
    |[ Well I just emailed him, and I'm giving him until sunday to post. Then I update. ]|